Checkout 51- Quick Way To Earn Money Or Waste Of Time?
Do you and your family eat food? Often? Good, then this review is for you!🍎
We are all looking for a few ways to save a little money, earn a little on the side, etc- and there are fortunately a lot of ways to do it. There’s an entire show dedicated to people using coupons at the grocery store. I’ve seen it. It’s addicting.
Unfortunately, however, there are also many companies out there that offer to save you a little money, and it ends up being far more trouble than its worth. That’s why I began doing these reviews. To save people the trouble of wasting time and energy on something that doesn’t work.
So, is Checkout 51 another of these time-consuming apps that don’t produce much in the end? Read on to find out!
Checkout 51 Review
Company Name: Checkout 51
Founders: Noah, Pema, Andrew
Price: (5 / 5)
Tools: (4 / 5)
Support: (5 / 5)
Convenience: (4 / 5)
Useability: (5 / 5)
What Is Checkout 51?
Basically, it is a company that provides a way for you to visit the grocery store (and even stores that are a combination retail/grocery such as Family Dollar), and earn cash back for certain products that you purchase that are on their list.
Now, I want to be clear that I am in no way affiliated with Checkout51, so this review is completely unbiased and based solely on my experience and research.
The process of using this company goes like this:
1. When you begin using Checkout51, you need to download their app. This is how you will operate your account and manage your grocery list.
2. You create an account after you download the app. (And the app is both Android and iPhone compatible)
As you can see in the screen capture below, there is a general list of groceries that pops up immediately, and they are organized into categories like “snacks and sweets”, “dairy and eggs”, “bakery”, etc, which far exceeds my unorganized grocery list haha.
3. Anyway, you can add whichever offers you are interested in to your list in the upper right corner of the app, and that way when you go to store you know exactly what you are looking for. Keep in mind that you have to purchase the exact brand listed, or the offer will not be valid.
(Under the product’s name, you will see the amount of cash back that you will receive for each item. Pretty simple.)
4. Then, when you check out at the store, make sure to save your receipt and keep it nice and uncrumpled, because you will need to take a picture of it with the app’s camera feature in a bit.
5. When you are ready, you can click the “Redeem” button at the bottom of the app screen, and check off the items that you purchased so that the system knows what to check for.
6. Then, you take a picture of your receipt with the app’s camera feature, and wait for your approval.
7. When it has gone through, the amount of cashback that you earned will be credited to you Checkout 51 account, and when you hit $20, you can cash out! They will send you a check in the mail. And you’re done and ready to start earning again.
- There really isn’t much of a downside to the app, because it is free and you are getting something for nothing IF you were already going to buy the products that are on the list.
- There is a wide variety of stores to choose from; you can look at the overall list of available offers, or you can use the filter to narrow it down to one or two stores so that it only shows their offers.
- You can normally use the app even if you are using a coupon for your purchase.
- Kicker: Even ONLINE PURCHASES count. Yay! No leaving the house! (Be sure to keep your itemized packing list to use as the receipt)
- Since I downloaded the app quite a while ago, it seems the cash back amounts have gone up a bit, and if you tweak your shopping list a bit you can earn a good bit in one shopping trip.
- You do have to purchase the exact brand listed on the app, which ultimately might not save you much on particular items that are more expensive than the off brands.
- The offers change every Thursday, so you have to keep on top of it and go shopping within the same week that you see the offer.
It is free to create an account and to install the app. Won’t cost you a thing!
Tools and Support
There is an entire page on the full website dedicated solely to answering commonly asked questions, and if you can’t find what you are wanting to know, you can submit a question.
And it should be answered pretty quickly, because there is a whole other page consisting of an organized list of the team members, and their photos, so you have a visualization of the people behind the screen. Pretty cool.
They also have a Facebook page, and are on Twitter and Instagram.
So, the support is pretty good, overall.
How Convenient Is The App?
In my opinion, VERY.
All you really have to do is have your phone with you at the store so that you can check off products and keep track of what the offers are.
It is all contained on the app, including all of your account information and your cash back balance, so I would consider it definitely to be convenient.
In my experience with the app, I haven’t had any issues. Everything is pretty self-explanatory, and the app is easy to read and navigate.
All questions can be quickly answered.
Plus, on the full website there is a page containing a step-by-step guide to help you navigate and understand the app. I didn’t find anything to be confusing.
So, Is It Worth It?
Definitely. The fact that it is free is probably enough for some, but there really aren’t many con’s to having and using the Checkout 51 app.
I have racked up some cash back, and intend to keep using the app in the future, for sure.
If you are looking to earn some cash for doing something that you are going to do anyway (and who wouldn’t want to?!), this is probably a useful app for you.
If you are interested in learning more about how to make money and earn a sustainable income from home,
To learn more, and find out how I earn an income from my living room,
Hope you all enjoyed this post!
Have a blessed day!